Sunday, October 26, 2008

little sis time

I just got back from a weekend in Lynchburg, Virginia, where my sis-in-law, Lauren, goes to college. My other sis-in-law, Lindsay, came to visit as well and it was a FUN fun time to hang out all together. I was pretty much dreading the 7 hr car ride there because it was just Drew and me, and you never know how a two-year old is going to do stuck in one seat for that long. He was wonderful.... and with only the help of about 30 minutes of "BobbyTales," some donut holes, and the sheer anticipation of seeing his aunties! Oh, and I'm pretty sure that a bunch of prayers from people who were feeling bad for me helped out too. We had lots of fun once we got there! We went to the park, carved pumpkins, loaded up on a bunch of fall foods, and met some of Lauren's friends. I most enjoyed just catching up with the sisters--I feel like I've been on another planet these past few months as opposed to Pennsylvania, after hearing all the new things happening! I love those girls and am so glad I went! Here are some pics of our time there.


at the park with aunt Lauren



here is Drew fussing when we asked him if he wanted to help carve pumpkins



we were very serious about these things

yeah! a fun night!!


Unfortunately, Drew is getting over a cold, so the car rides were his best moments. He was a bit grouchy and a bit two-year old, but overall I think he had a great time too. He even found some boys to fulfill his nightly wrestling time since daddy wasn't around, which was cute.

While there, I missed out on a Lock-In that Brandon had with the youth. I am probably one of the few non-youth that actually looks forward to Lock-Ins, but I have to admit that I went to bed at about 12am with a smile on my face Friday night. It takes a lot longer to recover from those things now that I am an old lady. :) Sounds like they had a great turn out and lots of fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...