Friday, April 24, 2009

Baked Sweet Potato & Chile Wedges

It's about time for another recipe and this is one of my favs that I found online. I don't even like regular sweet potatoes but I love these.

3 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt or 3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 c. orange juice
3 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. honey8 oz. carton dairy sour cream
1/3 c. snipped fresh cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 450F. Cut each unpeeled potato into 1-in thick wedges. Place in a lg. plastic bag; toss with oil, salt, pepper. Remove from bag and arrange in a single layer on a broiler pan.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine orange juice, 3 tsp of the chili powder and honey; set aside.
3. Bake potatoes, uncovered, 25 -30 min or until tender, brushing 3 times with oj mixture and rotating occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/3 c cilantro. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and serve with sour cream mixture. Serve immediately or at room temp. Makes 8-10 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Hey-- I made these tonight! They were really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...