I was pretty excited about the plans I set up for Brandon's 30th birthday. We have friends in seminary in Nyack, NY and we've been wanting to visit them since the moment they moved there (which was a few weeks after we moved to PA), so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Unfortunately, we had an ordination retreat the weekend of his actual birthday, not to mention that Ben was only a month old at the time. I told him I had something planned but it was a surprise and he'd have to wait until we had a free weekend to find out. As I looked at our calendar, I quickly realized we had two options in May and that was it for a few months. I asked our friends which weekend would work best and began making plans. To my surprise, Brandon decided it was about time we go visit them as well, and began making his own plans for us to go to Nyack ...for the same week. (Can you picture my big frowny face??) I tried to continue on and avoid telling him my surprise, but it soon became apparent that the beans would have to be spilled. At least I knew he'd like what I came up with. So this week we made a very quick trip to NY to visit wonderful friends, and we also spent a day in NYC with the boys to celebrate. Here are a few pics from our adventure:

took the train to Grand Central Station
First stop, Toys R Us and a ride on their ferris wheel. What a nice daddy considering this was for his birthday. (his idea too)
We ate at John's, which used to be Simpson's Alliance church and then the headquarters for the C&MA denomination. It's gorgeous inside. Good pizza too.
Fun spot to play in Central Park. What a view!
This was a first for all of us. Unfortunately, we missed the last ferry by 5 minutes, so this was our view of Ellis Island. Can you spot Lady Lib?
However, it was a perfect spot to rest a bit.
This was a better view anyways.
We ended the day with cupcakes from Crumbs. Mmmm...... the only thing I requested for the day. :)
How in the world did I manage to only get a pic of one out of the Blevins fam?? Oh well, he's a cutie - summer of '06 boys.
Well, happy 30th birthday Bran! Hope you enjoyed your days away!!
No comments:
Post a Comment