Sunday, August 1, 2010

fun in the sun when you're ONE!

I went home for a week while Brandon was at camp, and while there we celebrated my nephew's FIRST birthday!  I adore him and it was fun to have a little bit of time with him, since I miss the day-to-day growing.  His birthday was a couple of weeks ago, so I'm really thankful that my sis waited until the boys and I could be there to be a part of it - so special!  Here are a few pics of the fun day:
sweet family!

mmm... cake

his little buddies getting in on the goods

moms and kids

soo much fun for the kids!! water toys and games, a pinata, sparklers, face paint- you're the queen of parties, sis!

It was also nice to be home to help get things ready.  I miss my sis in general and I always look forward to these kinds of things with my mom and sis- so glad I got in on it!  She had this adorable beach/ocean theme and I found a cool idea online for an octopus cake, so that became my obsession for the party.  And in turn, really my only contribution.  So here is the cake I created- not as good as the professional one, but it was fun to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...