Wow, nothing like yet another heartbreaking situation to make you realize just how wonderfully blessed you are and that you should stop complaining (yeah, I'm speaking to myself!). We have some friends, Anthony and Christen, in town, who pastor a youth group basically across the street from ours. Anthony went to youth group at our church when he was a teen and his mom still attends. We all had dinner at his parents' one Sunday afternoon and got to know all about them and their precious love story- what an awesome couple. We love seeing them at youth events and around town, and have recently been excited for their upcoming baby who was set to arrive around Ben's birthday. I was ready with both boy and girl burp cloths and some other goodies, as they weren't finding out the gender until delivery day.
Then we got an e-mail from another local youth pastor telling us of an emergency prayer request for baby Anthony, who was born early via c-section and without a heartbeat. They were able to revive him after 30 minutes, but his condition wasn't stable and he was being sent to a larger hospital in Pitt, while mom had to stay at the local hospital. I prayed, cried, and spread the word for others to pray, as did a tremendous amount of people for the following several days, but baby Anthony went to be with Jesus last Wednesday night. 1.19.2011. I can't think of a harder situation in which to try and understand God's plan, but that's not my job, is it? (Oh, how I try to make it though.) Please join me in praying for baby Anthony's mommy and daddy who can't be with him until they meet again in heaven.
You can hear more of their journey by following their blog at
http://dreamingnorth.blogspot.com/
And if you have any babies at home with you right now like I do, hug them extra tight and give them a few extra kisses - I know I am overwhelmed with thankfulness when I realize how blessed I am to have 2 healthy boys to care for each day.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment