Tuesday, October 23, 2012

october - part 3

I've now introduced my kids to not just one (Beulah), but TWO places this year that have had monumental impact on my life.  Our third and final big weekend this fall was a trip to Taylor University, the college I graduated from and a place I big puffy heart LOOOVE.  Even though it makes me sound totally old, I'm willing to admit that it was my TEN YEAR college reunion.  I haven't been back to Taylor since I graduated, but it is such a special place to me - those were an amazing four years of my life.  We stayed at the same hotel as a few good friends, so it was a lot of fun to catch up and see everyone's munchkins. - Lots of them between us all and lots of chaos, but that was perfect because we are all at that stage in life.
One of our girls from youth group is actually a freshman there and even lives in my old dorm, so it was awesome to have dinner with her and see her having such a similar college experience to my own in many ways.  Whether or not it's true, I take credit for part of why she's going there - mostly because I can't shut up about how great the place is so she heard it for four years while in high school, and also because after about 5 minutes of getting to know her I decided she fit the exact definition of a Taylor girl (specifically an Olson Taylor girl) and I've been telling her that for four years too.  :)  I'm glad I was right.  :)
So after loading up on TU apparel for the fam and Ivanhoe's grub for the belly, our two days of fun with old friends was quickly over.  Great new memories though, and definitely worth the many miles logged in the car to get there and back.  We may not make it back to Taylor for another 10 years, but the plan is to try and have some mini-reunions with the friends in the meantime.

my old lady friends  ;)
and our cute kids.
Here's looking at some future Taylor grads from the classes of 2029 through 2034ish.

I've got my eye on these two.

Ok kids, field trip is over. 

Until next time Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...