Benny has been dying to go to school. Last year, when we'd pick up Drew he always asked when it would be his turn. We weren't sure if we were going to send him this year, but we got a great scholarship to go towards Drew's tuition which made it possible for Ben to go too. We bought him a backpack mid-summer, and he tried it on at least once a day from that point on. He kept talking about how excited we were, but we were curious to see how it actually played out when it came time for the first day. Sometimes my little man gets really excited about things ahead of time, but then he runs to opposite way when the moment hits. Brandon and I took him in the first day and he was only a little shy. When I came to get him, he was all smiles and told me, "He loved EVERYTHING and everything is AWESOME!" That has continued to be his response every time I pick him up. In fact, he cannot wait until it's time for preschool. He bounces on his way in and bounces on his way out. It's all pretty adorable.
That leaves this little one as my only munchkin for about 2 hrs 2 days a week. I know, what will I do with all that time?? ;) Actually, Bran and I are currently taking an online missions course which eats up any possible free time for me, so unfortunately Lil sleeps and I read a giant missions textbook. Ben's first two times at preschool though were just an hour each to transition the kids though, so it wasn't enough time to nap (or accomplish much for me). Instead, we found something better to do - lunch dates! We went out with Bran the first day and Lily was cracking us up-- she just kept looking back and forth at the two of us and quietly giggling. She is definitely not used to that much attention.
Here's to a great year for us all! Happy September!


No comments:
Post a Comment