Thursday, November 14, 2013

the beaner boy

Kids and the random things they say & do are my favorite source of entertainment, but it's especially good at the pre-school stage.  I remember wanting to write down half of what Drew said at this age, and now it's Benny's turn.  I love it.  Here are a few of the humorous Benny-moments lately.

I made Benny some hot chocolate one afternoon after he'd been asking for it all morning.  He took a sip and said, "Eww, it's hot!"

A conversation with a friend from church while she was playing soccer with a bunch of the kids.
Benny: "Hey, somebody lost a shoe!"
Sally: "Benny, I think it's yours."
Benny: "Oh."
(How does he not feel OR recognize his missing shoe??)

"Last bites" is the term Benny uses when he needs help getting the last little bit of yogurt out of the container (or anything out of a bowl/cup).  We were at my parents' house and he was nearing the end of his yogurt.  My mom was going to offer to help him and asked me, "What does he call it (meaning 'last bites')?"  Benny looked at her and said, "I call it YOgurt," overprouncing it as if he were teaching her a new word.

Benny has also introduced us to something we've never dealt with before-- sleepwalking.  Most of the time he comes into our room to talk and you can tell he's still asleep.  If I tell him to go back to bed, he pretty much does.  However, we have found the occasional Benny sleeping on the hardwood floor in the hallway, or Benny standing in the bathroom with his pants down (unfortunately facing the wall instead of the toilet, and yes totally asleep).  Ahh, new source of entertainment.  Except when it ends with me scrubbing the bathroom floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...