Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a hurricane in Ohio??

Seriously? In my 28 years of living in Ohio, I never experienced a hurricane (well, in SC once, but never in OH!!). You have all the fun as soon as I leave! Just making sure that all of my wonderful friends and family are still alive and surviving ...especially without cable and internet. :) We experienced some crazy winds here too, but nothing so extreme. I was driving to our house with some youth at the time for the very disappointing Browns/Steelers game and saw many trees go down on the road. A giant one is currently blocking our main church driveway and another is in our neighbor's house. I think that was the scariest one, but apparently the owner is still living there. In fact, as I look out the window now, I can see him and a friend chopping the huge thing up! (even got some tv crews here watching them) Our power did flicker during the game (ah!!) and internet/cable went out for a few days, but we're back to life now. Hope to hear from the rest of you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...