Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homeless!!


For those who haven't already heard, we sold our house in Springboro! YEAH!! While it was a little crazy due to the "Ohio hurricane" and a very quick closing date, the appraisal and inspections went through without any problems, so it is now a done deal!! It couldn't have come at a more perfect time either, with more economy panic as well as the end of my teaching paychecks. :(

The coolest part (other than it being a fun excuse for me to visit home) was that as I walked into the closing, I realized that I knew the girl buying our house! Her family went to our church growing up, and though she was younger than me, I still knew who she was. She and her husband were only married a month ago, so I had not recognized the last name when we received the offer. She knew it was going to be me though because of the pictures she saw when they walked through the house, so right away she was like, "Hey!" It took me a bit to process things, but when it all clicked I was so excited!

She and her husband were adorable together and they seemed so thrilled to be buying our house as their first house. They told me all about how she knew it was the one the moment they walked in and how they went back to see it five more times. Her husband (a middle school teacher!) talked about how the colors were a perfect fit for them and how it was the kitchen and master bedroom that sold them on the place. Even their realtor chimed in with fun details that made me happy to know they were the ones moving into a home we loved so much! I was ready to give the place away to anyone who could just get me my money back out of it, but this was exceedingly more. Even though they may paint the place black and burn all the kitchen cabinets in the fire pit they install in the master bath tomorrow (hey, it's their place now!), I feel great about the experience!! ..and FABULOUS about the fact that we sold it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...