This summer, we have also been busy doing some smaller activities with our youth, to include the rest of our group that was not able to go on the missions trips. Aside from the normal activities, we've gone to a baseball game, a cool church in the middle of Pitt, the local fair, many restaurants, etc. We also decided to take our youth on another weekend trip to an amusement park because that seemed to be a hit last summer. We chose Kings Island this time because it combines an amusement park with a water park, which was good for several of our youth that don't do coasters. It also happens to be fairly close to our hometown, which meant free lodging at the parents' houses :) and a trip to our old church on Sunday.
Last time we did not take Drew with us for the trip, but since we were also headed home and since I'm now a preggo who can't ride much anyways, he came along as well. My mom and I took him to the park to go on all the kiddo rides and swim in the little pirate ship pools. We checked in with everyone else at meals and I hung out with the group that evening after we got home. It made me wonder how much ministry for me will change by this time next year with two kids in the family. I hate to miss out on anything but I guess there will be some adjustments made - or maybe more trips to grammy and papa's!
I was spoiled a bit because I was able to fit in a Starbucks run with one of my dear friends (and her cute little baby boy!!) before church and afterwards we had a cookout with my family and the youth at my parent's house. It was also refreshing to be at our old church for a Sunday because that will always be 'home' and the people will always be 'family.' It's not often a pastor can be gone on a Sunday, so that was special. It was a fun, easy trip and we were back before we knew it! All too soon this summer is coming to an end.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment