Well I do have some time and I did in fact encounter one of those customers during my Walmart trip today. I didn't even make it through the parking lot this time before finding a good laugh ... that is, after my anger subsided. Picture Drew and I walking alongside the parked cars (to stay out of traffic's way of course) on a beautiful summer day when all of the sudden, a car hit me! Not one that was driving by, but one in a parking space that decided to back right into me! I jumped in shock and grabbed Drew to make sure he hadn't been touched and then looked at the car, expecting to see someone with a face full of apologies. Instead, I realized the car was still backing up and still continuing to hit my body. And I couldn't see any face because the lady driving was not turned around or using her rearview mirrors - in fact she wasn't looking at anything behind her at all. Thankfully, she was going slow because as I continued to back up, so did she. I finally banged on her back window until she looked up, and I said, "Uh, you're hitting me!" She did stop her car, but just sat there and starred at me through her mirror. When I decided I was not going to get the "sorry" I had hoped for, I just shook my head and continued walking. I looked around the parking lot to see if anyone else had just witnessed this odd happening and I did get a few laughs from others walking nearby. After deciding there was no real harm done, I laughed too. Time to head into the store for a 20-minute wait in a checkout line and some mysterious black substance to bring home on my hands.
Friday, August 14, 2009
there is a reason they make cars with rearview mirrors....
One of my few complaints about living in a small town continues to be that there is not a Target close by (yeah, nothing major, so really things are good). True, true, it saves us a lot of money because I can never get out of there with only the items on my list, but I still think it is the perfect store and has a special place in my heart. :) This means that when I want a one-stop-shopping location, it is Walmart. Though it has better prices, more groceries, and usually everything I need, it ALSO has monster checkout lines, enough dirt to feel I need a shower when I get home, and customers who only seem humorous when I have time to blog about them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rearview mirrors are for one to check their hair and put on makeup...I'm suprised you are suggesting they serve a different purpose, being female and all...
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear nobody was hurt :-)
Way too funny! And I agree with you about Target... quite possibly the world's most perfect store!
ReplyDeleteMy initial reactions: "Ooooo" and "haha". If its any consolation, Carlie and I miss Target too... and we have to drive 17 minutes to get to our SuperWalMart for one-stop shopping. A friend of mine calls WalMart the "redneck mothership."
ReplyDelete