Thursday, December 3, 2009
I'd rather be the teacher than the student
I realize I haven't said a lot in my last few posts, but much of my time has been going to the online Bible classes I've been taking through Crown College. They are only 5 wks each, so you can imagine how much gets crammed into each week. I am really enjoying them though, and I think it's giving me a bit more confidence because I always feel so Bible ignorant for having grown up in church. Next week is my last week of class and then I'm taking a 10-week break for baby. It's crazy because last time I was preggo, I was teaching full-time, prepping a student teacher, coaching, taking grad classes at a nearby college and attempting to be involved in the youth group Brandon was leading. I don't think I ever got home before 10pm and was back up at 5:30am to teach during the week. ...And yet, I feel so much more tired this time through! (though I do remember almost having an emotional breakdown in my 3rd trimester when I thought I was losing my student teacher right before she actually took over!) I am not able to get much school work done during the day with an active 3-yr old, so a lot is done after he goes to bed (between my own "naps" in front of the laptop) - but I am still surprised by my lack of energy this time through. Am I just getting old or does a 3-yr old equal all the other things combined that I had going on last time?? Oh my, I guess it's a little too late to worry about how much more chaotic it will be with two boys in the house! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment