As always, etsy.com came through with a functional and cute solution! :) I found this chore chart and quickly ordered it. (**If you happen to order one too, let her know you read about it on here! No deal for me, I promise.)
There was immediate excitement from Drew because he loves getting packages in the mail (who doesn't??). I talked to him about what it is for and how we are going to use it, and right away he was looking for things to do to move the magnets from the "to do" side to the "done" side. The tasks are super simple, which is perfect for his age, and then you can actually buy other sets for older tasks. We'll see how long the excitement lasts, but seeing as his personality swings more towards the detailed and orderly side like his mama, I think this might be a fun thing to do with him (and yes, I do realize the extra work I'm also creating for myself). I haven't even gotten to explain to him that he may get a reward from it! I think I will buy some marble-type objects for each completed task and when he fills this silver pail I've got, we'll let him pick some place fun to go. So that's means we'll head to Chuck E Cheese every so often, but I can handle that too. I'll keep ya posted on how well this pans out!
No comments:
Post a Comment