I'm not sure when it happened, but I have become obsessed with fall. I always used to be a summer girl, but maybe that's the normal for every kid growing up. I do love that sun and especially for the week we spend at the beach, but the days of laying on a blanket and not moving until dinner time are long gone so that has changed my outlook a bit. Chasing around kids in 90 degree heat while adding layer or two of dirty sweat to my appearance is not as appealing. I now see fall in a different light. I love the weather (when it cooperates) - the perfect jeans and tshirt type. I love that we can spend the day outside at the park and I can breath in the good smell of fresh air, as opposed to the b.o. of whoever's next to me. Now that I like to cook, I love all the fall foods, even though I'm not sure why they don't taste as good the rest of the year. Homemade caramel popcorn, caramel apples, apple pie, apple cider, pumpkin bread, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin anything. I love having kids to dress up for fun parties and I love all the fun parties. I love all the cute activities to do like corn/hay mazes, picking pumpkins (to look forward to decorate!) and apples (for previously mentioned yummies!), festivals, and anything else creative that people come up with. Now that we've moved, I look forward to going home each Oct for our annual "weekend-o-fun" at the Great Wolf Lodge and K.Island (coming soon!!) with the family. Such a great season and every year it flies by too quick. I think I'll give myself a little more slack on the cleaning and cooking right now so I can cram in as many fun things as possible for us. We have all winter stuck inside and huddled under blankets to admire a sparkley clean floor and mantel, right?
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment