Anyways, we also have a lot of fun with them and our annual Christmas party is one of my fav nights. Last year it was at our house to make it feel warm and cozy, but unfortunately I don't think our little family room can handle that again. -So that meant back to the youth room, but I wanted to make it feel special and different. As I was searching the internet for a fun game or some kind of inspiration, it hit me that there was a very obvious route to take. Our group, including Brandon and I, have a love for the movie Elf. I know, just about everyone (excluding our leader, Aaron, who is CRAZY!) loves the movie Elf, but I would say our love is a bit more intense than the norm. So I got working on some food, decorations and games to go along with that. Here's what I came up with:
candy station, including....
yep, spaghetti with a variety of syrups
we even brought our own elf
I enlisted some of the girls to make signs for our "World's Best Cup of Coffee (hot chocolate)" and the "Throne of Lies" chair. They also made the most beautiful paper snowflakes in like no time, while it took me ....a long time. ....to make four. ....that I followed internet directions for.
..."cotton ball" (marshmallows) speed eating contest
...and a game involving making reindeer antlers out of balloons and pantyhose. This may have been chosen based on my own bad sense of humor. hehe- I like to laugh at people. (kidding-- bad pastor's wife, bad pastor's wife!)
It was a good night and again, can I say-- I LOVE OUR YOUTH!
No comments:
Post a Comment