Monday, February 21, 2011

like father like son

Drew and I have a little "toy cleaning competition" most nights, as it is the only thing that gets the kid to clean up in under 2 hours.  I put on a good game face and add lots of drama, but mostly just watch him do the work and throw in a few toys every so often.  Once in a while (when the clean up load is extra large), I really get competitive to give him a little scare, but in the end Drew almost always wins.  Winner gets a "trophy", and tonight that came in the form of a Flavor Ice (yes, in February-  I bought a 100-pack this summer and I want them out of my freezer, people!).  Brandon handed him a Flavor Ice and Drew asked him to open it.  An ornery daddy replied by telling him that it was his responsibility, so Drew turned to me and said, "Mommy, your trophy is to open this."   ...the kid takes after his father.   


*The other part of this story is that Drew actually used the word "trophian" instead of trophy. -- maybe a combination of trophy and champion?  maybe just a Drew-ism?  Who knows- Bran and I love when he says stuff like that.  Yes, I am one of those bad moms that thinks it's funny and rather than correcting my son, I will now use the word trophian as well until the day comes when Drew says, "Mooo-om, it's trophy, not trophian!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...