...that just doesn't sound right, thanking Mr.Columbus for a day off in celebration of his pirating skills, but it is the day and I am glad for my boy home from school.
Speaking of which, I saw this on facebook today and it kind of made me laugh:
Good way to make friends. I know, I am not a deep person.
Anyways, my real thought for the day...
Today Drew had a day off from school and it was so fun to have him home! Obviously, he's home on weekends, but those days are filled with fun, busyness, church, parties, and everything that doesn't fit in during the week; THEY FLY! It made me realize that we're at a really weird place in our daily weekday schedule this year, now that Drew's in school everyday for several hours. Our non-morning boy (takes after his mama!) is getting up and out the door before he used to even wake up, and gets home just in time for little squirt to take his nap. Basically it means the boys hardly see each other. Well, at least hardly have time to play together. Many days when Ben wakes up, we grab dinner and head out the door to basketball or church or one of the "big kids' " (youth group) sporting/music events. Then comes our now much earlier bath and bedtime each night, and time to press repeat so we can do it all again. Of course for me, it's fun to have special time with each of the boys- Ben and I get out in the morning for errands and seeing friends, while Drew and I find things to do around the house like games or books ..or cookies :) during naptime. I just loved how they were so excited to play with each other around the house today. As much as Drew is crazy about school, he kept talking about his special day off and how he didn't want it to end. I'm sure a lot of that was the fact that it doesn't happen every day and I don't doubt that absence has been making the heart fonder. It also made me a little sad though that we're finally at stages where they are enjoying playtime together and there's now so little of it. Nothing to dwell too long on I guess, as it just is the way it is and soon enough there will be another little monkey around to change things up once again.
For now, I will enjoy the boys in bed by 8, a new routine that does not include Bran or I falling asleep in Drew's bed while trying to get him to do so, and one more Netflix episode of 30 Rock with my husband and my hot apple cider.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment