Friday, November 11, 2011

november means thankful for ....

Ok, the fall gods heard my complaining and let us have one more "nice weather" run - and at the most perfect time too - just as some of our favorite people in this whole world came to visit us for a couple days!  Beth has been one of my best friends since middle school - I think the exact moment was when we fell in love with two boys at church camp who happened to be friends and began planning our weddings together.  ;)  We bonded over getting yelled at by our youth pastor for chasing boys rather than practicing our skits (daily) and relived the week by watching the camp video until it either self-destructed or my parents burned it.  (hmm...where did that thing go?...)  :)
.....Where was I? -Oh right, so she and her adorable boys made the trip up here, which I know from my many trips back to Dayton with just me and 2 monkeys is not a simple task.  It was so much fun and just the pick-me-up I needed to cheer me up until a visit home at Christmas.  With all the local fall activities over, I wasn't quite sure what we could do to keep the kids busy while we chatted, but thankfully the boys were pretty happy just to play at the house, eat donuts and mac&cheese (not together), and make a trip to our favorite local zoo.  Thanks Preshers for a great time- we miss you already!!!!!

Hulk and Batman,  aka: Owen and Drew

Benny and a giant turtle, during a staring contest

Griffin and miss Beth!  :)

haha- she was much more brave than I!  Have you seen their teeth?!

(this would be where I should also insert a photo of us old lady friends, but as usual I always forget those ones  - "boo" on me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...