Wednesday, December 14, 2011

big brother prepared?

Recent occurrences that have me a little concerned about how Drew will take to having a sister in the house.....

Initial reaction - "But I don't LIKE girls!"

Reaction to pink icing in cupcakes made to reveal gender to family - "I like icing better when it's not pink."

The other night we were playing- Drew was the cop so that meant I was the bad guy.  When he caught me, he gave me two options: he could shoot me or send me to jail for a princess party.  I'm pretty sure they're equally bad in his mind.

When discussing a possible gift he could give his baby sis when she arrives, he suggested the spidergirl he has (that way she could keep up with the superhero play with her brothers) or the "bad girl" (unnamed female version of a bad guy in superhero world)- though she's currently missing her head.  A final thought was maybe some shoes.    ....see, there ya go, Drew.  You'll learn quickly.

To be honest, I have no doubt that he'll be a wonderful big brother to a sis.  He wasn't so sure about a sibling in general when Ben came along and now 95% of the time I am so proud of the way he handles that role.  In fact, a far more noteworthy moment to share would be this:  At night, the last thing I do is kiss the palm of his hand because I tell him it travels straight to his heart and 1) can't be wiped off and 2) he can feel it even when I'm not around.  Usually he returns the act by kissing my hand ever so sweetly, but lately he's been giving me two - one that is sent to my heart and one that makes its way to my belly for Lily.  :)  Yeah, I changed my mind, I think he'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...