Monday, January 2, 2012

holiday recap

We had a lot going on this Christmas season, just like everyone else in America.  These photos are basically just proof that I am bad at remembering to take photos, but here are a few things I got on record.

Drewsie singing and ringing bells at the old people's home.

The Pre-K and K classes singing in the school program.

I didn't get any great photos, but this is shepherd Drew in the church kids' program.

Woo-hoo! -celebrating Kenz going to the best college ever next year!

The boys got ready for Christmas to come to our house

and Santa was nice enough to come a day early so there was time to play with new toys before taking off for the week!

I think they were excited  :)


 And now, our house is louder..
and more mobile.

After Sunday's Christmas service, we were off for more Christmas with family...
(..and the horses at Uncle Doug's house).  We did do presents but they were opened the moment we walked in the door.

Then onto see the cousins...

 continue good traditions..
and open a sea of presents..



This year we headed back on New Year's Eve with some simple celebrating, just the four of us, at the halfway point home in good ole Steak and Shake, and by coming home to put life back in order and find space for our new additions that we picked up along the way.  

I'm always really sad (and grumpy) when we leave all the family and fun, but this new year brings a lot of its own excitement.  And the good thing about that is that the excitement brings the family .. here!  So, more to look forward to ahead, more reasons to be thankful, more motivation to keep writing it all down.  
Welcome, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...