Wednesday, December 19, 2012

love, santa.

It is t-minus 6 days until Christmas, which means actually 5 days until we do our little Christmas with our kids.  With six- and two-year old boys, our floors will of course be quickly filled with a variety of new Thomas trains, legos, Superheroes, and everything else "boy", but there are a few other items that Santa is bringing this year that I am most excited about.  I'm not sure how well they'll go over, hence the "boy" variety just mentioned, but I have hopes that they will be good surprises.

This came in last week, so I was even more excited when I could actually see it.  I think it'll be perfect for Drew - he's very interested in the Bible.  Both this year's and last year's teachers have said he lights up during Bible class, and I've also noticed how well he remembers every single detail when it comes to Bible stories (which is a sharp contrast to what he remembers of ..everything else).  He also loves to draw, so what I think is so cute is not only the way the Bible stories are retold, including the font and pictures, but that there are blank pages along the way for kids to draw their own interpretation.  What other Bible can you draw in?! (without feeling a little guilt, that is)  ;)

I actually got these for the boys last year through Zulily.  I had no idea what they were, but they sounded cute and they were cheap.  They turned out to be such a great idea.  Basically, you just stomp on the little pedal and it sends the rockets super high in the air.  I'm amazed at how high - especially when Bran and I join in the competition.  It takes very little skill and effort, so even Benny likes them, but it creates big reactions.  --and it's something to do OUTDOORS which is nice.  So, if I got these last year, why are they on my list for this year...??
I hope they glow enough to find them when they land!

 I got this book for Benny, as both he and Drew, looove for their daddy and I to tickle them.  It's a really cute book, but then it comes with these gloves that look like the little monster's hands too.  There are holes for your fingers to stick out so you can be the tickle monster while wearing them.  I'm hoping they find it funny!
I'm not worried on how this will go over.  Santa is bringing this for Benjamin because our pastor & his wife got Drew one last year, and even with the teeny amount of snow all that winter we were able to see how awesome it is.  They make the most perfect snowballs, and having two will not only cut down on fights but will allow for some good family snowball fights.  :)  I got each of our nephews one too, so here's to hoping they like them as well.  They may have to try them out first to see how cool they are, but I'm fairly confident that they'll be won over.

My mom actually found these for the big boys, Drew and Lucas, and she got paper airplane versions for the littles, Ben and Isaac.  It's a whole how-to with step-by-step directions and the paper to make them.  Seeing that my boys are fascinated by my horrendous paper airplane skills using plain notebook paper, I'm pretty sure these things will blow.their.minds.  :)
And lastly, this isn't creative or life enriching by any means.  :)  You may even judge me when I say that my kids already have ipods, but I'm ok with that.  They are saved for special occasions, but they are awesome to have and I'm very thankful for my parents' splurge on those gifts.  This, however, is actually about these cases I found on Amazon that my parents are giving them.  So if you have an ipod, I highly suggest these for kids.  I looked into Otterboxes, the military-type covers, the Fisher Price version, but these are by far my fav based on price and coverage.  It's like a slim Otterbox that covers all sides and openings, and so far the ipods have survived our boys in them quite well.
.
We shall see how these go over.  :)  In the meantime, have a Merry Christmas and enjoy everyone you're sharing it with!

*btw, none of these companies/owners even know I exist, so I am not being bought out.  All opinions are truly my own.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...