BAD FUNNY: The other night, Brandon and I were sitting on the couch and Drew was just kind of running around, playing with toys and chatting with us. All of the sudden, I realized that it had gotten really quiet, and that is never a good sign. I looked past Brandon's feet on the coffee table, to the little boy sitting in front of it on the floor. All I could see from that angle was a still head, so I got up and crept up on him from the side. He was quiet alright because his mouth was too full to talk. Drew had found the Halloween basket that his grammy sent him, and I don't even know how many empty Hershey's Kisses wrappers were sitting on the floor but it was a lot. Not only was his mouth full, but his hands were holding some extras, and I'm sure his belly had plenty too. He took one look at me with wide eyes and said, "No." It was pretty tough not to laugh at that moment, even if it was his sneakiest move so far. He tried the stunt again, but this is as far as he got...
Thursday, November 6, 2008
and I thought I'd lost my entertainment, not teaching at a middle school...
CUTE: With Drew changing as quickly as he does at his age, we make lots of phone calls to Grammy and Papa and have begun using Skype so that they can see him too. As we were setting up the camera, I wondered what Drew would think about it. He'd looked at pictures of friends and family on the computer before, but would he be weirded out when he saw them talk and move too? The first time he mostly just stared at them with big eyes and was really, really upset when it was time to go. We weren't sure if this was going to be a good thing to use with him, but I figured he'd get used to it just like talking on the cell phone. A few days later I asked if he wanted to talk to his cousin on the computer, and he got very excited, climbing right up into the computer chair. As you can see, the talk went very well.
FUNNY:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment