Friday, November 21, 2008

just the two of us

Drew is in Ohio for the week, yes WEEK!, with grandparents, aunties, fav cousin, and friends. We were supposed to have a youth retreat this weekend, so we made the plans for him to go back home for the few days that we would be away. Since it was so close to Thanksgiving, a few days turned into a week long vacation to Dayton with a final meet-up at Bran's grandparents' house on turkey day. Then, the retreat ended up getting cancelled, with the local football team still in the play-offs and many of our youth tied up in that. So vacation cancelled, right? Well, that led to a lot of grandparent disappointment, so now we are at home and Drew is in Dayton. :) What the heck do we do with ourselves?? :) I know he will have a wonderful time and will be well taken care of, so I have no worries there. I've just never been away from him this long and am finding myself to be very boring now! When I was packing him up, he kept coming right up to my face and saying, "I come back, mommy." I'm pretty sure he was comforting me more than anything, but it was real cute.
Anyways, since I am a ridiculous list-maker, I have of course made a list of some things to keep me busy while my baby is gone. Here's the list...I'll update it to let ya know how I do! (yes, yes, some of it's pretty boring, but much easier without a 2 yr old so I am taking advantage!!)

paint Drew's room ...done!
Paint bathroom ...done!
paint Bran's office +organize it (at least create a path from the door to his desk) ...best I could do!
change youth b. board ...done!
get ski trip planned ...almost done!
finish redoing youth room ...really almost done!
put down flooring in our kitchen ...ummmm, not so much
Christmas shopping ...started
meeting with Children's Director at GCA ...done!
dinner with new friends ...mmm, done!
as many movies and date nights as we could fit! ...done!!


**Oh, and the best surprise of the week--our friends, the Blunkalls, spent Wednesday afternoon and lunch here with us on their way up to see family in PA! It was such a nice treat and big-time refresher for us to be able to catch up!!

(Kate was there too; she was the photographer) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...