I could say this first week home with a new (second) baby was easy and that would be true ...but it had nothing to do with me! I had the best help I could ask for. Now that we are away from family, an event like this is much different. Any family who wanted to see the little guy had to come for a visit, and lucky for me my mom came for the whole first week. I was pampered enough to think that maybe a few more babies would be a good idea. Haha, well, let's not get ahead of ourselves! I had so much fun though with the mix of a new baby and spending time with my mom that the lack of sleep was forgotten about by the time I walked down the stairs each morning. Someone asked if I was going stir crazy, but really, where else would I want to be?
One of my favorite things is cooking with my mom at holidays, so that was fun to do together while she was here. One of my least favorite things is doing laundry and she wouldn't even allow me to go down the basement stairs anywhere near the washer and dryer. That was fun too. We ate lots of chocolate, drank lots of tea, made turkey sandwiches and watched HGTV at lunchtime, and just caught up on life in a way you can't do over the phone. I know, I know, where exactly were the kids during all of this fun?? Believe me, they were loving grammy in the house too, as she was always available for some little boy pampering. Drew loved grammy-snuggles and her putting him to bed at night. He also loved the baskets of goodies she brought for him. - so many new superheroes to play with! All baby Ben needed was snuggles and clean diapers- both of which she is a pro at. Brandon and I were even able to sneak out for a few hours one night to celebrate an early Valentine's Day.
We love grammy, we miss grammy, and we are so thankful for a week of new memories filled with grammy.
Thank you grammy .....Come back grammy!!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment