I know there are other things I could have chosen. There's nothing more comfy than an overstuffed chair and ottoman. A glider presents such ease, when you are not having to repeatedly scootch back to the place you started rocking in. But a simple rocking chair is what you would find in our baby's room. Why? (Brandon asks the same question) Because my mom did the same thing. Seems like silly reasoning, but one of my favorite things about my parents' family room is the rocking chair that is placed there. It's the one my mom used to rock each of us as babies. It's still part of their home, and while I can't remember being rocked in it as a newborn, I think it's neat with all the memories it represents. I love the idea of that and hope my rocking chair sits in our home long after my boys have moved out, reminding me daily of the sweet moments I had with them as babies. Yes, I do know that I could have done the same thing with a different kind of chair, but since I never outgrew that wanting-to-be-just-like-my-mom phase, a rocking chair I picked. It already makes me smile.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment