Today while at Kings Island, I felt like I kept noticing all of these teenagers with wedding rings on. It seemed like there were a bunch of 16-year old married couples circulating the place. Now if this were strictly about Kings Island, I would not be surprised because, of course, there are a lot stranger things going on in that park, but this is a re-occurring thing for me. Everywhere I go, kids wearing wedding rings. Did I miss the trend update? Unfortunately, I think the answer is no and I think correct conclusion is that I'm just getting old.
I used to always dramatically tease with my middle school students about how old I was- they would laugh, I would smile, they would say "oh, Mrs. Nutter, you're not old, that's Mrs. (so&so) who's old", I would smile more. Nothing like some re-assurance from some overly-honest 12-year olds. You better believe that "bit" is never to be used again in any future classrooms of mine - there's always someone crying in the girls' bathroom of a middle school building and I wouldn't want it to be me!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment