Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter


Happy Easter!  Hoping everyone had a wonderful day- it's definitely the most joyful day to celebrate- we can have freedom from sin because Jesus overcame death.
I saw this video posted after all the Good Friday services and decided that, even if given all the time in the world, I could not explain this better.  Love it!


This was our first time back at church on a Sunday and Lily thankfully slept the whole time. (The girl won't really take a bink or thumb, so when she's fussy, she's quite loud!)  It was good to see everyone! - AND hallelujah, I got all three kids up, dressed (plus one baby bath), fed, photoed, and out the door ON TIME, BY MYSELF - without any tears or meltdowns from any of us!  Can I get an "amen"!?  We had a lot of fun with friends after church for lunch and an egg/basket hunt - and of course just a good time hanging out with people who make us feel like we have family around here.  The boys are spoiled beyond belief by them and Lily was passed around for plenty of snuggling.  :)  It was a great day.

(usually my eyes are just focused on how cute all the munchkins are when they're all dressed up for Easter, but take a look at Bran!  He's been working hard to trim down and he's lost like 30ish pounds!  So proud!)

Ok, now you can look at the kids.  I love this bunch.  The cutest part is that all I did was put Lily in Drew's lap and this was their response.  They are crazy about their new sis.

My mom got Ben his Easter outfit when she was here visiting.  When he put it on, all I could think of were those Kim Anderson type of photos that I thought were so cute in like high school or college.  I love this boy.

...and because I was thankful to get the dessert assignment for Sunday's lunch  :)  
Easter egg and chick cookies, dark chocolate raspberry truffles/cake pops, and chocolate cupcakes baked in the cutest reusable silicone flower pot holders.  Ok, and I also made an apple pie and chocolate peanut butter pie for those of you wondering where the real desserts are.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...