Thursday, April 12, 2012

the tooth fairy was here

We are minus one tooth in the house today, and thankfully it is from the mouth of the one who should be losing teeth.  Drew lost his very first baby tooth last night!  (Though it looks like the second because he had a baby tooth that never grew in.)  It's been loose since before I had Lily, and I'd actually forgotten all about it until he showed me after school yesterday that it could now wiggle from side-to-side too.  He couldn't stop messing with it, so I knew it was just a matter of time before he twisted it right out.  My first thought of course was, Oh crap, I didn't make the Batman tooth fairy pillow that he asked for yet. Why do I wait until the last minute for eeeverything??  A quick baby pass-off to daddy and trek up to my sewing stash in the attic, and we were ready for the tooth fairy.  There were a few tears over the blood that escaped with the tooth because he HATES anything involving blood, but it was a quick recovery.  Here he is pillow, cash, tooth, and a note saying he can keep his first tooth for the memory.  Fun day.  Long day because he woke up extra early to see if the fairy did in fact come, but fun day too.  My (first) baby's getting big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...