Monday, January 12, 2009
prayer
I had my first all-nighter at the hospital Sunday night. I normally would not have gone but a lady from church went to the emergency room during evening church and my boss was running the service so I went. I went down to the local hospital and prayed multiple times with the family and it didn't look good. She was fine one minute and then unresponsive the next. They ended up care flighting her to Pittsburgh and when we (my boss joined me to go to Pittsburgh) got there, they told us and her husband that she had a massive brain hemmorage and that she was brain dead. Not only that, but the same family lost a daughter-in-law to cancer only two months earlier. Obviously the family was in shock and they waited for all of the family to get to Pittsburgh before they pulled the life support. I ended up getting home at 4:30 in the morning. Very sad, but something as a pastor that I am glad I was there for. Please pray for the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment