Saturday, January 3, 2009

more fun each year!

I am finally putting a few Christmas pics up, though I never seem to get anything good because I get all caught up in what's happening!

We started Christmas Eve morning at our house, though present time was rushed because I had to make it to my appointment at the doctor's office. Yes, I am one of those annoying people that decides to call the doctor right before a nice holiday and asks to get squeezed in for an appointment I should have had two days before. Actually, I thought I just had the flu because I had a fever and was throwing up (sorry, yuck!). But after 2 days, the nausea went away and I realized my throat was on fire and had been the whole time. ...and I couldn't shake the fever. So it turns out I had strep and maybe the flu too. Anyways, I was relieved to know that meds would get rid of it by the time we got to Ohio.

So after our Christmas Eve service at church, we headed to the DeRosa home- YAY! We don't have a lot of traditions in our family, but I think even Brandon looks forward to the things we do on Christmas. Though we missed the Christmas Eve fondue, :( we were there for the yummy eggs and monkey bread in the morning (ok, like noon). Then my dad always does a family devotion, different every year but always so sweet; my favorite part. In that room we open our stockings. Yeah, my parents still have stockings for ALL of us, including baby Burt. (You should see their fireplace!) Then we go sit around the Christmas tree and dig into presents. It is more and more fun each year, adding people and watching the little boys get so excited over what they got.
so excited to see Grammy and Lucas AND open gifts!


cute snuggles while Lucas plays his new LeapFrog game




frightening Debby by wrapping a gift inside a Pampers box! hehe

The big hit with the boys this year were a few Wii game systems and more importantly a Tiger Woods golf game to go with it. That kept them busy until our surf & turf dinner...and pretty much the rest of the weekend! :) My mom, sis, and I braved the mall with the boys for a bit the next day (What were we thinking??). - I didn't care, I was just happy for some time with everyone before we headed back to PA! Unfortunately, I caught the Dayton flu though so I spent the night throwing up again (yuck!) and missed out on seeing the Preshers and Nutters for a bit on Saturday. The boys enjoyed the time with them and loaded up on a few more presents before we packed up and made the drive home. It was a fun 3 days but went way too fast!


enjoying some of the goods once we got home! He loves his art stuff and Veggie Tales tray.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! It's funny that you put the picture of me getting the Pampers box on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...