Sunday, January 11, 2009

snowed in

We got a TON of snow this weekend and there was no chance of making it out of the driveway to go anywhere. As I typed this title, it reminded me that the same thing happened last winter in Ohio while Brandon was on a golf trip in Myrtle Beach. Now in my teaching days, when snow meant a day off from school, I did cartwheels around the house until I wore off my excitement and could go back to bed, but this was a weekend. -made it difficult to drive home from school on Friday and didn't clear up until late Sunday evening. I absolutely love spending my time with Drew, but there is something about being forced to be at home on fun days and not seeing another soul (Ok, we did see some neighbors). We went a little stir crazy, making about 14 snowmen and 30 dozen cookies to keep us busy. I called my sis to find that she and Lucas were doing the same, as Robb was on the same trip. (What were we thinking being that nice??!) We were only a few miles apart, and if I had to, I was going to jog there in my bathing suit if the snow wasn't cleared by the next day. Thankfully for all houses in between, it was. (Springboro doubled their efforts after hearing that.)

ANYWAYS, Brandon was (again) planning to be away, this time in Philly for a conference this weekend, but it ended up not working out. Instead, the Preshers came to visit and we were so excited!!! Unfortunately, we got all the snow. Fortunately there's not much to do here anyways, so it gave us an excuse to just relax and catch up. So I was thankful to be snowed in this year with great friends. Drew was thankful too to avoid being held up in my cookie sweat shop again.

Here are some fun pics of the cute little boys who kept us entertained:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...